This is it. I tried a few vegan chocolate cakes, cupcakes and muffins. This one is definitely the best. It’s moist and rich and simply perfect. Make it, try it and you’ll love it 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need for the cake:
- 195 grams plain flour
- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 150 grams white sugar
- 150 grams dark brown sugar
- 120 ml vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 355 ml coffee
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Here’s what you’ll need for the glaze:
- 135 grams dark vegan chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon golden brown syrup or maple syrup (for shine)
- A pinch or two of sea salt
Here’s what you do:
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line the bottom of 9-inch round cake pan with a fitted round of parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and white sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and vegetable oil, and whisk to combine.
- Add coffee and vinegar and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out with just a few sticky crumbs.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack
Make the glaze:
- Combine chocolate, cocoa powder, vegetable oil, golden brown syrup, and salt in a medium bowl and melt in a double boiler
- Wisk until smooth.
- Pour over completely cooled cake
Decorate with nuts and enjoy!